I’ve been using the Arduino IDE for some project development recently, and finding that I’m getting very high CPU usage from Java to the point that it’s slowing my machine down, and then Arduino IDE becomes unresponsive. I couldn’t find any info on any of the forums related to this, but from my own research I believe I have found the problem.
It seems that my problem comes after a long time connected to the Serial Monitor and receiving data from the Arduino. It then gets worse and worse until things start getting unresponsive. The solution for me appears to be to basically just close the Serial Monitor, and reopen it. this can sometimes take a long time, and has caused Arduino to become unresponsive before, causing it to crash and restart. However, this appears to have been the only time I have seen this problem online.
Just last week, I bought a new set of PC components, and I think I got a fairly reasonable price, but it’s now gone up by £15, and all the other components I bought are no longer available.
I wonder whether Coronavirus is having an impact on PC component availability and prices. Certainly I know my work place have had to purchase a load of new Laptops in order to support home working arrangements.
There’s an interesting Ebuyer Price tracker available here:
Which shows the recent price fluctuations – had I have bought in January, I could have got it £20 cheaper!
I have just built a new PC with an ASRock B450M Steel Legends motherboard, which has Realtek ALC892 onboard audio. I’ve also installed a front panel audio input, and connected it to the header on the motherboard. I’ve then got Windows 10 installed, and faithfully installed the Realtek motherboard drivers from the ASRock Website (I knew I shouldn’t have done that!)
However, I have been having an issue that audio from Windows was only coming through from the device which was plugged in on power up – so if I plugged in the headphone, it wouldn’t detect them, or if I unplugged them once booted, it would not switch to speakers – I also didn’t get two outputs in the sound bar part of the task bar like so:
In order to fix this, I ended up rolling the drivers back to the Microsoft version, and this appears to have fixed it.