Last summer I bought a 1992 MR2 Turbo – it’s fun to drive, and fast. However, while driving home from work one day, I suffered from some horrible knocking noise from the engine. When I pulled over and stopped, the engine seized solid. So I’m now planning on removing the engine and fixing it.
I had real trouble finding a suitable alternative oxygen/lambda probe for my 1992 Rev 2 MR2 Turbo. I can’t find the original Denso part number at the moment, but I managed to find that a Denso DOX-0107 fits the flange size correctly and is 1-wire, it just requires soldering to the original connector. It’s got a Flange 44 type flange which apparently matches the 3SGTE.
So a friend told me about the Duke Axial Engine the other day. It’s certainly a very interested idea and does produce some clever solutions to some of the fundamental complexities and disadvantages to the reciprocating internal combustion engine. I always like the idea of novel engine designs, and this one certainly looks like it has potential. Take a look at the video followed by some analysis after the break.
After receiving my ESP8266 Development/breakout board I have been attempting to create a WiFi enabled thermostat to control my central heating from my mobile phone and give me a means of timer programming my central heating. To be a true thermostat requires a temperature sensor. The ESP8266 board came with a DHT11 sensor and already has pins directly compatible with one. I therefore just required the software to interface with it.
I have now determined that The DIP switch no 8 does indeed connect GND to GPIO pin 0, and switch S2 is also connected to the same pin. This means that to put the board into reprogramming mode to reflash the ESP8266, the DIP switch 8 should be ON (or hold down S2, but probably not a good idea)